Lead Instructor: Jeff Blossom
This workshop is offered every semester as a basic introduction to GIS. The topics covered are:
1. What is GIS, mapping, and spatial data
2. GIS data types and file formats
3. GIS analysis, problem solving, and case studies
- To gain an understanding of what GIS is and how it can be used.
- To practice using WEB GIS and Desktop GIS.
The 2-hour program is free for people with a valid Harvard ID. For others there is a $100 registration fee. See https://gis.harvard.edu/faq/how-make-payments-cga for payment instructions.