The Strategic Goals of the Dataverse Project are our highest-level guide. These goals are to:
- increase adoption (users, dataverses, datasets, installations, journals
- develop capability to handle sensitive, large scale, and streaming data
- expand data and metadata features for existing and new disciplines
- expand archival and preservation features
- increase interoperability through implementation of standards
- increase contributions from the open-source development community
- improve UX and UI
- continue to increase the quality of the software
Throughout the year, we'll identify big steps that we can take to focus on one or more of these goals. These big steps are represented on our Roadmap below. Ideas that we haven't yet prioritized yet are in the Future column. We want to do these things, but we haven't yet prioritized them. In the Planning/Design column, you can see those strategic items that we've prioritized and are designing and testing with the community. Once we've decided on the solution that we'll build, we'll start Implementation and soon release new features and functionality to our community. A list of Recent Releases is available at the bottom of the page.
If you'd like to see everything that the Dataverse Team and Community are working on right now, check out the Project Board on Github.