The Strategic Goals of the Dataverse Project are our highest-level guide. These goals are to:
- increase adoption (users, Dataverse repositories, Dataverse collections, datasets, journals)
- develop capability to handle sensitive, large scale, and streaming data
- expand data and metadata features for existing and new disciplines
- expand archival and preservation features
- increase interoperability through implementation of standards
- increase contributions from the open-source development community
- improve UX and UI
- continue to increase the quality of the software
Throughout the year, we'll identify big steps that we can take to focus on one or more of these goals. These big steps are detailed on our Roadmap, below.
The big things the development team and the community are working on right now are shown in the Implementation section. In the Planning/Design section, you can see those strategic items that we've prioritized and are designing and testing with the community. In the Future section, you'll see the things that we'd like to work on but haven't yet prioritized. A list of Recent Releases is available at the bottom of the page.
This roadmap is only focused on the big initiatives. We're always working on smaller bug fixes and enhancements. If you'd like to see everything that the Dataverse Project Team and Community are working on right now, check out the Project Board on Github.