The Henry A. Murray Research Archive is pleased to offer the Jeanne Humphrey Block Dissertation Award to a qualified Ph.D. candidate in the social sciences each spring.
- Eligibility - Harvard Ph.D. candidate (3rd year or above) in the social sciences who is not graduating this year
- Amount - $2500
- Deadline - The deadline for 2020 grants will be March 13.
- Process - The entire application should be emailed in an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Jeanne Block Memorial Fund Application" in the subject line
- Award Restrictions - Final dataset must be deposited to the Harvard Dataverse
Submit a completed IQSS Graduate Student Funding Application via CARAT. Applicants will need to submit:
- An abstract/description of the project (maximum of 2 pages), which study will be used, and significance of the project to the social sciences
- Letter of recommendation from dissertation adviser
- Project Budget
- Completed Application form (located at the bottom of the page)
- Recipient must archive final data and dissertation on the IQSS Dataverse Network
Award decisions will be based on:
- Significance to social science research