The Henry A. Murray Research Archive is pleased to offer the Jeanne Humphrey Block Dissertation Award to a qualified Ph.D. candidate in the social sciences each spring.
- Eligibility - Harvard Ph.D. candidate (3rd year or above) in the social sciences who is not graduating this year
- Amount - $2500
- Deadline - The deadline for 2022 grants will be March 13.
- Process - Submit a completed IQSS Graduate Student Funding Application via CARAT. (Application can be downloaded below.)
- Award Restrictions - None
Submit a completed IQSS Graduate Student Funding Application via CARAT. Applicants will need to submit:
- An abstract/description of the project (maximum of 2 pages), which study will be used, and significance of the project to the social sciences
- Letter of recommendation from dissertation advisor
- Project Budget
- Recipient will archive final data and dissertation on the Harvard Dataverse.
- Awardee will submit monthly updates on grant progress and confirm when resulting research project has been deposited into the Harvard Dataverse.
Award decisions will be based on:
- Significance to social science research
- Investigator evaluation