Due to COVID-19 we are extending the due date for research grants to March 27th, 2020.
Harvard graduate students affiliated with IQSS are eligible to apply for funding to support dissertation research-related costs, including but not limited to:
- Survey development
- Crowdsourcing, human subjects and payments
- Technical services
- Printing and publication costs
- International travel
- Research assistance for specialized tasks
These funds may supplement other grant programs. Please note that funds from this grant are not meant to be used for non-specialized research assistance or as a personal stipend.
Harvard graduate student affiliates who receive research grants are expected to be involved in the IQSS community. There is also an expectation that, when ready, grant recipients will submit a one- to three-page narrative report describing their research, which may be featured on the IQSS website.
- Eligibility - IQSS Harvard graduate student affiliates who are not graduating this year
- Amount - $3,000 maximum
- Deadline - March 27, 2020
- Notification of Award - April 2020; award distribution in early June.
- Process - Submit a completed IQSS Graduate Student Funding Application via CARAT. Please return to this page in February 2020 for more information. Applicants will need to submit an application form (see attached—please note the change in summary requirements), detailed budget, and letter of recommendation from a faculty member.