The Strategic Goals of the Sid Project are our highest-level guide. These goals are:
- Sid as the go-to trusted secure compute environment for the analysis of research data for the Social Sciences.
- Creation of Personalized Research Environments (PRE) - The preservation of application customizations between job instantiations.
- Lead in the remote support for high Security data analysis for the Social Sciences.
- Optimized Batch Processing of large jobs for both cost and performance
- Support for jobs accross multiple cloud providers.
- Improved UX and UI
Throughout the year, we'll identify big steps that we can take to focus on one or more of these goals. These big steps are represented on our Roadmap below. Ideas that we haven't yet prioritized yet are in the Upcoming Items section. We want to do these things, but we haven't yet prioritized them. In the Planning/Design section, you can see those strategic items that we've prioritized and are designing and testing. Once we've decided on the solution that we'll build, we'll start Implementation and soon release new features and functionality to our community. A list of Recent Releases is available at the bottom of the page.